You can conveniently schedule your thermography appointment here. Start by choosing the type of imaging you want. You will see the available dates and times for your service in bold type. You may cancel or reschedule your appointment anytime before 1 day prior to your appointment.
There is a $25 deposit required to make and hold an appointment or you may choose to pay for your service in full at the time of booking the appointment. Your deposit will be put towards your balance owed for your imaging services. If you fail to show up for your appointment or give notice of cancellation less than 24 hours before your appointment the $25 deposit will not be refunded.
Within one day of scheduling your appointment you will receive an email with a link to complete your health history form.
How to Prepare for Your Thermogram
Before you arrive for your thermogram, certain procedures must be followed in order to ensure that your images reflect accurate information. Please read the following instructions carefully and strictly adhere to them.
- No prolonged sun exposure (sunbathing and sunburn) to the body areas being imaged 5 days prior to the exam.
- No use of deodorants, lotions, oils, creams, powders, or makeup (no facial makeup for full body or upper body scans) the day of the exam. If you are scheduled for a breast thermogram ONLY, facial makeup is OK.
- No shaving or other hair removal of the areas to be imaged the day of the exam.
- No treatment (chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use, sauna or steam room) or physical stimulation of the areas to be imaged for 24 hours before the exam.
- No exercise the day of the exam.
- If showering, it must be no closer than 1 hour before the exam. No baths for 24 hours priorto the exam.
- If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. However, you must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.
- You must wait at least 4 weeks after having a fine needle or core biopsy of the breast before a thermogram can be performed.
- You must wait at least 8 weeks after having a lumpectomy or surgical biopsy of the breast before a thermogram can be performed.
- If you have had any medical procedure within the last 12 weeks, please notify our office before coming in for your appointment. Your appointment may need to be rescheduled.If you are scheduled for a breast thermogram, the same protocols above apply along with no physical stimulation of the breasts for 24 hours before the exam, and if you are nursing please try to nurse as far from 1 hour prior to the exam as possible.Please note: During the examination you will be disrobed (from the waist up for breast exams, and buttocks exposed for lower body exams) during part of the examination for both imaging and to allow for the surface temperature of the body to equilibrate with the room. A female technician is provided for all our female patients.If you have any further questions, please contact our office.Thank you for choosing our center and we look forward to meeting you.Janel Meric, MD, CCT